Two-year-olds are constantly in motion and use their natural curiosity for hands-on discovery. Two’s need a rich learning environment that develops their cognitive skills and expands their vocabulary, by this stage in their development, routines and schedules become a big part of the child’s day which promotes stability and security.
Potty training is a familiar theme with parents of a 2 year old. With this in mind, the PBCA staff will partner with the parents to help reinforce efforts being taken at home to potty train their child. Keeping in mind that one of the criteria to enter the 3 year old program is to be 100% potty-trained.
The Creative Curriculum serves as the framework for conducting the PBCA 2 year old program. Learning Environment Centers are introduced in the 2 year old classroom and include: bible time, circle time, dramatic play, art center, blocks, fine motor skills, music, and book/literacy area. Every child will participate in activities that are socially, physically, intellectually and psychologically age appropriate. Children learn by doing and through exploration and play. Our skilled teachers are adept at turning play time into learning activities. New items are periodically introduced to facilitate a better understanding of the classroom’s weekly focus.
Extra-curricular activities include but are not limited to Chapel, PE, music sessions, story time sessions, science/discovery classes, and a second language program.
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Supportive, nurturing professional care in a Christ-centered environment
- Monthly Thematic activities purposely fashioned to engage and
- Focus on learning concepts appropriate for this age group
- Regular communication between teachers and parents to stay informed about your child’s day
Criteria to enter a 2 Year Old Program
- Children must be 2 years old before September 1st of the year entering the program
- All immunizations must be current