Common Reasons People Homeschool:
- Free schedule
- Concerned about over-crowded classrooms
- You want your child to have personalized attention with their education
- You want more control in their education plan.
- You will have flexibility with your weekly schedule for school and home life.
- You will have more time with your children to build a stronger relationship.
- You will have control on what your children are learning and demonstrate that learning is exciting.
- You can ensure that what they’re learning adheres to your personal values and beliefs.
- You can tailor-make your child’s education plan to fit his/her learning style and based on his/her strengths/weaknesses.
- You can nurture your child’s gifts so they may thrive in their strengths.
- You are able to better protect your child from any negative influences.
- You can take vacations during the school year and make them educational.
- You spend 24 hours a day with your child without a break.
- You may have to justify why you’ve chosen to homeschool to others including family.
- You have to show a lot of patience when teaching your child.
- Trying to schedule your day can be a challenge.
- You must be organized so you can provide an efficient environment for your child.
- Encourage your children even when you don't feel like it.
- Finding the right curriculum can be overwhelming.
- You must put forth the effort to spend quality time with your child in the midst of teaching.