Three-year-olds with the “Let Me Do It!“ attitude need integrated, hands-on learning experiences. Experimentation and exploration build higher-level thinking, language, math, social and motor skills and Threes love fun and challenging experiences.
The student/teacher ratio in the 3K Preschool Program at the PBCA is no more than 16:2 teachers in the classroom. By offering a low student/teacher ratio, we are able to provide more one-on-one interaction and productively engage each child. The 3K teachers offer activities to creatively stimulate minds to the highest level possible partnering with parents to provide a strong spiritual foundation in a loving, nurturing Christ-centered environment.
Our 3-K Preschool Program operates on a set schedule with instructional time beginning at 9:00 AM. Days are busy with circle time, centers, show-n-tell, Spanish & Music classes, etc. all before rest time which begins at 12:45. Supplemental planned activities, that are appropriate for this age, continue throughout the entire day.
The Creative Curriculum serves as the framework for the program coupled with great Phonics and Bible programs through the A-Beka curriculum. 3K classrooms are set up to allow for individual exploration and learning. Learning environments such as: Reading/Listening Corner, Science Centers, Dramatic/Home Center, Block, Sand Play, Small Manipulatives, and most children’s favorite, Art Area. New Items are periodically introduced to further their understanding of the coordinated weekly/ monthly theme.
Extra curricular activities include but are not limited to Chapel, gym time, music sessions, science/discovery classes, a second language program, and a Language Learning Lab with books, listening centers and LeapFrog Pads.
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Care and education in a Christ-centered environment
- Thematic elements to enhance and encourage hands-on learning
- Focus on channeling natural curiosity and developing academic skills
- Regular communication between teachers and parents to stay informed about your child’s day
Criteria to enter a 3K Program
- Preschoolers must be 3 years old before September 1st of the year entering the program
- All immunizations must be current
- Children must be completely, 100%, potty trained
Characteristics of a potty trained child;
- Able to indicate to an adult the need to go potty and/or should respond when asked to use the bathroom
- Ability to effectively pull down their own clothes and undergarments and then pull them up again after they have gone to the bathroom
- Capability to assist with the changing of their clothes if a potty accident should occur, which from time to time, may happen while napping