Three-year-olds with the “Let Me Do It!“ attitude need integrated, hands-on learning experiences. Experimentation and exploration build higher-level thinking, language, math, social and motor skills; threes love fun and challenging experiences. The 3K teachers offer activities to creatively stimulate minds to the highest level possible by partnering with parents to provide a strong spiritual foundation in a loving, nurturing Christ-centered environment.
Our 3-K Preschool Program operates on a set schedule with instructional time beginning at 9:00 AM. Days are busy with circle time, centers, show-n-tell, Spanish & Music classes, etc. all before rest time which begins at 12:45. Supplemental planned activities, that are appropriate for this age, continue throughout the entire day.
3K classrooms are set up to allow for individual exploration and learning. Learning environments such as Reading/Listening Corner, Science Centers, Dramatic/Home Center, Block, Sand Play, Small Manipulatives, and most children’s favorite, Art Area. New Items are periodically introduced to further their understanding of the coordinated weekly/ monthly theme.
Extra-curricular activities include but are not limited to Chapel, P.E., Music and Movement, Spanish, Art, Library, Science/Discovery classes, Spanish, and a Media Lab equipped with books, Story Time Area, and Computers.
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Care and education in a Christ-centered environment
- Thematic elements to enhance and encourage hands-on learning
- Focus on channeling natural curiosity and developing academic skills
- Regular communication between teachers and parents to stay informed about your child’s day
Criteria to enter a 3K Program
- Preschoolers must be 3 years old before September 1st of the year entering the program
- All immunizations must be current
- Children must be completely, 100%, potty trained
Characteristics of a potty trained child;
- Able to indicate to an adult the need to go potty and/or should respond when asked to use the bathroom;
- Ability to effectively pull down their own clothes and undergarments and then pull them up again after they have gone to the bathroom; and
- Capability to assist with the changing of their clothes if a potty accident should occur, which from time to time, may happen while napping.
This is the year when we begin assisting you with potty training your child. Below are some helpful tips we have found help make the transition a smoother one. Please do not hesitate in coming to us if you have any further questions or need further clarification.
Things you can do at home:
- Start reading potty books and talking about going potty in the big potty.
- Have them sit on the potty during natural transition times (before and after meals, before and after naps, before diaper changes, before bath time).
What to do during training:
- Children should wear easy on and off pants during training and no onesies.
- Pull-ups are a transition item from diaper to underwear. Once pull ups stay dry for an extendedamount of time then we can try underwear with a pull up over it.
- Keep communication open with teachers as to how potty training is progressing at home.
What to expect:
- Sometimes children regress with potty training after they first start.
- Children may become fully potty trained at home before they are ready at school.
- Treats are a good incentive for potty training, please bring in something your child would like (gummies, small M&M’s, stickers, stamps, etc.)
We look forward to partnering with you this year and assisting you and your child on this next journey in their lives.
Fruits: Cut to Bite Size Apple Slices Meats: Cut to Bite Size Chicken/Nuggets Veggies: Cut to Bite Size Beans Hot (Thermos) or Cold: Cut to Bite Size Muffins Sandwiches: Cut to Bite Size Peanut Butter & Jelly Miscellaneous: Cut to Bite Size if Needed Yogurt/Gogurt
Orange (Peeled & sectioned)
Blueberries or Raspberries
Rolled Meats & Cheese
Well-cooked diced Carrots
Cooked Potato Cubes
Cooked Zucchini or Squash
Cooked Asparagus Tips
Well-cooked Broccoli Florets
Macaroni & Cheese
Ziti or Rotini Pasta
Rice & Beans
Pasta Noodles (w/ sauce)
Pasta or Potato Salad
Bagels (w/ Cream Cheese)
Toasts w/ All-Fruit Spread
Peanut Butter & Banana
Peanut Butter & Honey
Tuna, Chicken & Egg Salad
Cheese (slices, sticks or cubes)
Hard Boiled Eggs
Fruits: Cut to Bite Size
Meats: Cut to Bite Size
Veggies: Cut to Bite Size
Hot (Thermos) or Cold: Cut to Bite Size
Sandwiches: Cut to Bite Size
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Miscellaneous: Cut to Bite Size if Needed